Curriculum – Primary Level, Middle, High & Senior Secondary Level
The primary school curriculum is based on the NEP guidelines and focuses on laying the foundations of knowledge,
skills and attitudes which will guide the young learners for life.The KEY LEARNING DOMAINS which are kept in focus:
- Language and Literacy (Listening, Reading, Writing & Communication skills)
- Numeracy (Mathematical thinking and reasoning)
- Personal, Social & Emotional Development (Self Awareness & Social Awareness)
- Discovery of the World – (Environmental awareness)
- Motor Skills development (Physical & Health Education)
- Aesthetics & Creative Expression (Art Education)
Students at this stage:
- Identify self by specific abilities, characteristics and preferences (e.g., by gender, age, as part of a family, friends, colours, food etc.)
- Develop a sense of balance and physical coordination through play.
- Learn language through activities like role play, storytelling, poetry recitation, singing and reading age appropriate and level based books.
- Understand to analyse their actions as right or wrong.
- Learn to be friends with children from diverse backgrounds, celebrate various festivals, sing and dance together.
- Learn to live in harmony with their environment, make observations, enquire and ask questions – what, how & why.
- Relate a numeral to its respective quantity, associate value to a number and Identify shapes by names: curved and straight lines, circle, square, triangle and understand spatial relationships.
- Learn to manage their feelings and emotions and learn appropriate behaviour.
- Demonstrate the ability to begin to assume responsibility for their own safety within their environment.
- Learn values, life skills, build relationships and grow up as confident and responsible citizens.
- At this stage, there is no system of formal assessment.